In a run that is eerily similar to their national title run in 2017, the No. 21 Lions went on the road in frigid Golden, Colo. and defeated No. 7 Colorado School of Mines 23-3 on Saturday afternoon.
No. 1 Mary Hardin-Baylor began defense of its national title by using a strong first half from quarterback Jase Hammack and a suffocating defense to defeat Redlands 43-14 in the first round of the NCAA Division III playoffs on Saturday afternoon.
Small College Preview: No. 21 A&M-Commerce at No. 3 Tarleton, No. 22 Redlands at No. 1 Mary Hardin-Baylor highlight critical week
We preview Stephen F. Austin vs. Northwestern State, Texas A&M-Commerce vs. Tarleton, vs. Redlands vs. Mary Hardin-Baylor and predict other games, including Incarnate Word's, Abilene Christian's, and Sam Houston State.
Your subscription will include:
- Instant access to all of our content that is marked Insider at www.texasfootball.com.
- Includes exclusive podcasts, recruiting news, and our full High School Football rankings and score predictors
- A mailed copy of the Dave Campbell’s Texas Football Preview
- A mailed copy of the Recruiting/Rising Edition of Dave Campbell’s Texas Football
- Access to Dave Campbell’s Texas Football vast array of archived magazines
Tarleton's efforts on recruiting trail paying off as Texans head into DII playoffs, await a move up to DI
Before Tarleton moves up to Division I it wants to secure a national championship in its final year at the Division II level. The Texans are the No. 2 seed in the NCAA Division II playoffs and host No. 21 Texas A&M-Commerce on Saturday.