Dave Campbell’s Texas Football has partnered with the North Texas Honda Dealers to honor community helpers from across North Texas. Texas is fortunate to have so many great individuals that give back to their community in so many different ways. Thanks to the support of the North Texas Honda Dealers, we have the opportunity to shine the light on a few very deserving individuals!
Congratulations to Highland Park's Karen Krasovec and Berkner's Stephanie Bryant and Lynne Darden on being the recipients of the Community Helper Appreciation Awards presented by North Texas Honda Dealers. Thank you for being helpful in your community!
Congratulations to Burleson’s Jackie Royal & Angelia Sifford and Cedar Hill’s Debbie Fertig on being named the Week One Honda Community Helper Award Winners!
Congratulations to Creekview Principal Joseph Lapuma and Kennedale ISD's Tracy Williams on being named the Week Two Honda Community Helper Award Winners!
Congratulations to Hebron High School's Ulysses Wright on being named the Week Three Honda Community Helper Award Winner!
Congratulations to Dr. Cynthia Webber of Saginaw High School on being the recipient of the Community Helper Appreciation Award presented by North Texas Honda Dealers. Thank you for being helpful in your community!
DCTF's Robel Melesse caught up with Former President and Managing Partner of Honda Cars of Rockwall and John Eagle Honda of Dallas and current Group Vice President of Lithia Motors, Corey Byrd.
Alan Cooper, the general manager of Lute Riley Honda, joined us on Texas Football Today to talk about DCTF's and North Texas Honda's second season of the Helpful Honda partnership!
Watch: Rob Tharp of North Texas Honda visits to talk about a fun partnership with DCTF
2019 Winner: Martha Halter, Lewisville High School
- The Helpful Honda Team celebrated our final presentation at a long-running rivalry game between Marcus and Lewisville High School to honor Martha Halter. Martha is the mom of a Senior captain and has been the right-hand woman for head football coach, Coach Odle, leading up to the 2019 season. This is her third and final year assisting with the Booster Club and she has helped grow their fundraising dollars four times over. Coach Odle describes Martha as, ‘the glue that holds the team together.’ She helps make him look good when really she is the one that deserves the credit. Martha is also very involved in her church and has been responsible for helping grow the faith of many young men on the team.
- Because of her dedication and relentless support of the Lewisville Farmers as well as her extensive work in the community, we were honored to present her with the Community Helper Appreciation Award.
2019 Winner: John Mays, Cedar Hill High School
- The Helpful Honda Team celebrated the final week of the regular season at a huge rivalry game between Cedar Hill and Desoto schools to honor a true gamechanger, John Mays. In 2014, Mr. Mays helped launch a local chapter of All Pro Dads with only a few members that has now grown to the largest chapter in the US! CHISD All Pro Dads is an alliance of dads and father figures throughout the district whose purpose is to build relationships that inspire academic excellence, character and success in our students, families and community. Mr. Mays continues to serve as the Chapter Affiliate Leader to both dads AND students throughout his community. Because of his extensive work in the community and his commitment to Cedar Hill families, we were honored to present him with the Community Helper Appreciation Award.
2019 Winner: Daniel Hancock, Rowlett High School
- The Helpful Honda Team celebrated with the Rowlett Eagles and Daniel Hancock, a pastor at C3 Church in Rowlett for Week 10. Pastor Daniel, as he is known to the students at Rowlett, is involved in outreach programs such as homeless ministry, Food for the Cities as well as providing meals and mentoring to both middle school and high school football/volleyball/basketball teams. Because of his extensive work in the community and his commitment to mentoring students of Rowlett, we were honored to present him with the week’s Community Helper Appreciation Award.
2019 Winners: Patsy Stringer & Andrea Danielson, Paris High School
- Week nine took us to Richardson High School in Richardson, TX where the Helpful Honda Team celebrated both Patsy Stringer and Andrea Danielson during a morning pep rally and evening game. Per Coach Pels, both Patsy and Andrea both became heavily involved with the football boosters club three years ago. Patsy is their Football Rep and wears so many hats from fundraising, organizing all of our team activities (Banquet, Moms Meal, Labor Day Picnic, Night of Champions etc...) while Andrea handles all organization of food. She solicits volunteers to feed all their teams with gameday meals. Both ladies are awesome people who care heavily about their own child but more impressively every student-athlete that is in our Football program. They treat them all like they are their own sons.
2019 Winner: Eddie Clement, Paris High School
- Week eight took us to Paris High School in Paris, TX where the Helpful Honda Team celebrated Eddie Clement. Eddie is a local business owner and has been supporting the Paris booster club since Coach Hohenberger can remember. Eddie donates his time every Friday night to cook for the coaches, faculty and fans – just because he wants to support the Paris Wildcats! It was awesome to see the students and cheer team come out on the field to show their gratitude for Eddie and everything that he does.
2019 Winner: Stacie Forest, Ryan High School
- The weather may have been cold, but we stayed warm as we all cheered for this week's Community Helper Award at Ryan High School in Denton. The Helpful Honda Team celebrated Stacie Forest, the school’s longtime volunteer videographer and photographer. Stacie also provides all her action photos to the team and players free of charge and spends close to 300 hours poring through season-long footage for use during their end-of-year banquet. In honor of her dedication and service, Stacie was recognized with the Community Helper Appreciation Award presented by the North Texas Honda Dealers.
2019 Winners: John Brewer, Brad Holley, Troy Landon, Jon Waters, Chase Clement, Rob Royse, Donnell Wright, Pearce High School
Hard to believe we are halfway through the 2019 season! The Helpful Honda team visited a big rivalry homecoming game at Pierce High School in Richardson where they celebrated a group of seven Community Helper Award winners including John Brewer, Brad Holley, Troy Landon, Jon Waters, Chase Clement, Rob Royse, Donnell Wright. The coach could not narrow down the winner to just one person since he has a group of very involved men that serve his team and support his players 24/7. The award winners manage the schools 7-on-7 program and mentor the players all year long, including the summer months. In honor of their dedication and service, these winners were recognized with the Community Helper Appreciation Award presented by the North Texas Honda Dealers.
2019 Winner: Kirk England, South Grand Prairie High School
Week five took us to South Grand Prairie High School where the Helpful Honda Team celebrated a generational supporter of the Grand Prairie community. Kirk England owns a local insurance agency and is a very active member in the community. Kirk's father was the former Mayor of Grand Prairie and both of his sons participated in athletics at South Grand Prairie HS. He has been a strong supporter of South Grand Prairie for over 25 years! In honor of his dedication and service, Kirk was recognized with the Community Helper Appreciation Award presented by the North Texas Honda Dealers.
2019 Winner: Lisa Prescher, Centennial High School
To wrap up the second of two games during week four, the Helpful Honda Team recognized a pillar in the Burleson community at Centennial High School! Lisa Prescher, former coach/Booster Club president/PTA president/fundraiser and more, received the Community Helper Appreciation Award presented by the North Texas Honda Dealers. Lisa has served, and continues to serve the students at Centennial even though her own children have graduated.
2019 Winner: Carl Lindsay, LD Bell High School
Week four, game 1 of 2, went smooth and successful as the Helpful Honda Team surprised a very deserving recipient at LD Bell High School! Carl Lindsay, the schools longtime volunteer and alum, received the Community Helper Appreciation Award presented by the North Texas Honda Dealers. Carl dedicates almost 300 hours to LD Bell High School and their students each year!
“Carl embodies everything it means to be a Raider. He makes himself available for anyone who needs his help and never asks for anything in return," said Coach Glaze when describing Carl. "Last year he volunteered 275 hours. That is similar to his hours logged every year. He is a graduate of L. D. Bell HS & he loves his school and BHS students & their families.”
2019 Winner: Micki Hinojosa, Highland Park High School
Week three wrapped up on a high note as the Helpful Honda Team helped celebrated a very deserving recipient at Highland Park High School! Micki Hinojosa, the school’s longtime Athletic Coordinator, received the third week's Community Helper Appreciation Award presented by the North Texas Honda Dealers!
2019 Winner: Coach Ben Davis, Brewer High School
For week two of our Community Helpers recognition, we celebrated a legend at Brewer High School. Coach Ben Davis was the former head football coach at Brewer. Despite being 81 years young, Coach Davis is still an integral part of the community and is a fan favorite who never misses a practice or game. He helps out with the booster club, fundraisers, coaching hires and really anything coach ever asks of him. Coach calls him the "Pillar of the Community" and it is easy to see why. Congratulations Coach Davis!
2019 Winner: Billy Quinton, Rockwall
To kick-off the 2019 Texas High School football season, we recognized Billy Quinton from Rockwall High School in front of an energetic crowd both Friday morning and before that evening’s game. “Billy is the play-by-play voice for all of Rockwall HS athletics events, and he plays a huge role in promoting our athletics programs, as well. He’s been in this role for several years, and I think this will be the first time we’ve acknowledged all the things he’s done for us.” – Coach Rodney Webb
Watch: Celebrating the Texas high school football community helpers of 2018 with John Ingram of North Texas Honda
2018: Brandy Haynes, Burleson
When asked recently to explain all that Brandy Haynes does for his program, Burleson High School head coach Gary McElroy admits that no matter how many things he lists that he’ll never be able to list everything. Brandy simply does a little (or a lot) of everything for the Burleson program. An eight-year veteran of the booster club, Brandy coordinate fundraisers, golf tournaments, senior pictures and a host of other key tasks that keep the motor humming. In honor of her dedicated service, the North Texas Honda Dealers have honored Brandy with its Honda Helpers Award and given her the perfect helpful gift – a gas card – so she can visit both her boys in college.
2018: Lawrence “Hollywood” Lynch, Richland
When your nickname is “Hollywood" you’d better bring the heat every single week. Anyone at Richland High School who’s spent more than 10 seconds with Lawrence “Hollywood” Lynch knows he’s got no problem living up to his colorful moniker. Whether he’s sharing wisdom with student-athletes or just giving them high-fives after big wins, Lynch has lent a helping hand to every Richland sports program for as long as anyone can remember. A former college and pro football player, Lynch has plenty of valuable knowledge to share. Dave Campbell’s Texas Football in partnership with the North Texas Honda Dealers wanted to do something helpful for Lynch so we hooked him up with two tickets to see his favorite team not named Richland – the Dallas Cowboys.
2018: Dodge, Hebron
You know you’re a big deal when folks around campus and the community are on a purely first-name basis with you. And that’s the case with Dodge, Hebron High School’s do-everything custodial superstar. Dodge was an easy choice as our Community Helper Award winner and the North Texas Honda Dealers gifted Dodge a pair of tickets to a Dallas Cowboys game. Hebron head football coach Brian Brazil didn’t skip a beat when we first talked to him about selecting Dodge as our Week 2 recipient. Brazil along with every coach at Hebron have come to rely on Dodge as a big part of all their teams.
2018: Kurt Burks, Paris
There are two landmarks that Paris, Texas, is famous for. One is the faux Eiffel Tower that dons a cowboy hat. The other is a factory worker named Kurt Burks. Kurt is a consummate presence around the Paris High School athletic programs. From fund raising to coaching state 7 on 7 football teams to painting parking spots and directing the in-game music, this fella is more than deserving of a little help from the North Texas Honda Dealers, which scored Kurt two Dallas Mavericks tickets for he and his son.
2018: Blake Greener, Rockwall-Heath
For the past eight years, Blake Greener has been getting ready to be a dad and didn’t even realize it. An active member in the Young Life program in Rockwall, Greener is the consummate role model for role models in his hometown. Thanks to his efforts to always being helpful for his community and his local high school, Rockwall Heath, Blake was our easy choice as a North Texas Honda Helper Award winner. Coincidentally, the man who’s mentored and inspired countless young people in the Rockwall Heath athletic program is about to become a father this winter. Exciting times for sure around the Greener household and the North Texas Honda Helpers wanted to help him by giving him a little shopping spree at Buy Buy Baby in Rockwall.
2018: Kevin Thomas, South Garland
Every time the South Garland High School football squad enters their locker room, it’s impossible not to remember Kevin Thomas. After all, Thomas helped furnish the locker room from his furniture store in Dallas and has always been there to support the program whenever they have been in need. That type of helping hand for the Colonels is the reason Kevin is one of our North Texas Honda Helper Award recipients. For the man who does a little bit of everything around the South Garland program, North Texas Honda Dealers decided to treat he and his wife and daughters to a fancy dinner on the town. Well-deserved indeed.