UIL Realignment is Feb. 3!
Here are some of the biggest storylines we're watching for:
1. Does Cy-Fair ISD remain split into two regions?
2. What happens in Central Texas with Killeen ISD mostly dropping?
3. Does the RGV get merged with the Laredo district?
5A Division I:
1. Does Abilene High go west or into DFW?
2. Does Lufkin re-join a district w/Longview & Tyler?
3. Does San Antonio remain w/a disrict in Region 3?
4. Does the RGV get a second district?
5A Division II:
1. Whats left in El Paso?
2. Will Dallas ISD go to zones in a 10-team district?
3, CenTex - Do University, Belton and Chaparral go north or south?
4. What to do w ith Flour Bluff & Gregory-Portland?
4A Division I:
1. Region 1 - Do Stephenville & Waco area move over?
2. Does Celina replace Argyle in a travel district?
3. Do the Coastal Bend & RGV merge into a large district?
4A Division II:
1. Keep an eye on Texoma, lots of moving parts here
2. Does a 2nd East Texas district move to Region 3?
3, A NINE team district in South TX?
3A DIvision I:
1. Who joins the 3 Panhandle schools in a district?
2. Could Brock slide west into a Big Country district?
3. Will both 3A champs Franklin and Lorena be in the same district?
3A Division II:
1. Private school state champion Cedar Hill Newman joins the UIL.
2. Plenty of questions in Central Texas due to lack of teams.
3. Will 4 and 5 team districts be the norm in Region 1?
2A Division I:
1. Does Mason move north out of Region 4?
2. Will Region 3 be an all East TX affair?
3. Marlin is a swing school, could they join an already loaded Region 4 with Shiner and Refugio?
2A DIvision II:
1. How will the UIL split the Big Country teams?
2. Defending state champ Stratford is gone.
3. Mart is the ultimate swing school, do they stay Region 3 or move to Region 2?
This article is available to our Digital Subscribers.
Click "Subscribe Now" to see a list of subscription offers.
Already a Subscriber? Sign In to access this content.