The Earl Campbell Tyler Rose Award named its 2021 college football watch list on Thursday, featuring 53 college football players with Texas ties.
Thirteen of the honorees play college football in Texas, including three nominees from TCU. SMU is the only other Texas college with multiple members on the watch list. Former finalists Sincere McCormick, Charlie Brewer an D'Eriq King are back for the 2021 season.
Overall, the 53 players hail from every FBS conference outside of the MAC and play at 44 schools from 24 states. The watch list is made up of players nominated by their respective schools. The list will be whittled down to 16 in November and to five finalists in December.
The Campbell Award honors the best offensive player in FBS football with Texas ties that also lives the values of Earl Campbell: “integrity, performance, teamwork, sportsmanship, drive, community and tenacity to persist and determination to overcome adversity and injury in pursuit of reaching goals.”
To be eligible for the award, a player must either be born in Texas, graduate from a Texas high school or play at a Texas college.
Former Florida quarterback Kyle Trask won the 2020 award after completing 68.9 percent of his passes for 4,283 yards, 43 touchdowns and eight interceptions. Trask graduated from Manvel High School. Manvel has four players on the 2021 Watch List, the most out of any high school.
Here is the full list of honorees on the 2021 Campbell Award Watch List –
Texas College Players
- RB Ulysses Bentley, SMU (Houston King)
- QB Max Duggan, TCU
- RB Trestan Ebner, Baylor (Henderson)
- RB Zach Evans, TCU (Galena Park North Shore)
- WR Erik Ezukanma, Texas Tech (Fort Worth Timber Creek)
- RB Deion Hankins, UTEP (El Paso Parkland)
- WR Quentin Johnston, TCU (Temple)
- RB Sincere McCormick, UTSA (Converse Judson)
- TE Jordan Myers, Rice (Dickinson)
- WR Reggie Roberson, SMU (Mesquite Horn)
- RB Bijan Robinson, Texas
- RB Isaiah Spiller, Texas A&M (Klein Collins)
- QB Clayton Tune, Houston (Carrollton Hebron)
- WR Zeriah Beason, Oregon State (Duncanville)
- QB Charlie Brewer, Utah (Lake Travis, Baylor)
- RB Kennedy Brooks, Oklahoma (Mansfield)
- RB Jarek Broussard, Colorado (Bishop Lynch)
- WR Camron Buckley, Indiana (Cedar Hill, Texas A&M)
- WR Keke Chism, Missouri (Daingerfield, Angelo State)
- WR Beau Corrales, North Carolina (Georgetown)
- OL Victor Curne, Washington (Houston Second Baptist)
- WR Avery Davis, Notre Dame (Cedar Hill)
- OL Kellen Diesch, Arizona State (Trophy Club Byron Nelson, Texas A&M)
- QB Jarret Doege, West Virginia (Lubbock Cooper)
- TE Sean Dykes, Memphis (Manvel)
- RB Alex Fontenot, Colorado (Richmond George Ranch)
- WR Elijah Higgins, Stanford (Bowie)
- WR Keanu Hill, BYU (Trinity Euless)
- RB Keaontay Ingram, USC (Carthage, Texas)
- WR Daniel Jackson, Iowa State (Cibolo Steele)
- QB D’Eriq King, Miami (Manvel, Houston)
- TE Brant Kuithe, Utah (Katy Cinco Ranch)
- OL Cooper McCaw, Liberty (Grapevine Faith Christian)
- OL Ken Marks, Louisiana (Beaumont Central)
- OL McKade Mattauer, California (The Woodlands)
- WR Marvin Mims, Oklahoma (Frisco Lone Star)
- WR K.D. Nixon, USC (DeSoto)
- RB Deneric Prince, Tulsa (Manvel)
- WR Jaylon Robinson, UCF (Fort Worth All Saints)
- QB Baylor Romney, BYU (El Paso Franklin)
- QB Spencer Sanders, Oklahoma State (Denton Ryan)
- QB Ken Seals, Vanderbilt (Weatherford)
- RB Trelon Smith, Arkansas (Cy Ridge)
- QB Nick Starkel, San Jose State (Argyle Liberty Christian, Texas A&M)
- WR Keylon Stokes, Tulsa (Manvel)
- WR CT Thomas, Boise State (Lancaster)
- RB Deuce Vaughn, Kansas State (Round Rock Cedar Ridge)
- WR Parker Washington, Penn State (Fort Bend Travis)
- WR Keric Weatfall, Fresno State (Cypress Ranch)
- RB Michael Wiley, Arizona (Strake Jesuit)
- WR Jared Wyatt, New Mexico State (Wylie East)
- QB Bailey Zappe, Western Kentucky (Victoria East, Houston Baptist)
This article is available to our Digital Subscribers.
Click "Subscribe Now" to see a list of subscription offers.
Already a Subscriber? Sign In to access this content.