China Spring 2021 DE/OLB D'Marion Alexander (6'4, 205) pulled in a half a dozen offers before announcing a top four of TCU, Texas Tech, Kansas and Minnesota on Sunday morning.
"All my hard work has finally paid off," Alexander said in response when asked about his general recruitment. "Since you are a kid you work hard to be in this position."
Alexander is one of the state's most interesting prospects. He played wide receiver, safety, and outside linebacker for the Cougars, but likely projects as a pass-rushing edge defender in college.
Alexander was one of the most notable participants at the Next Level Athlete Texas Top 100 Showcase in Dallas in January, where he was able to showcase his skills as a defensive lineman.
It was one of the first times he had the opportunity to work out with his hand in the dirt and he exhibited first-step explosion that is rarely seen.
"Probably, most definitely my speed," Alexander answered when asked about his biggest strengths as a prospect. "Playing defensive end, those fat guys — they are not quick enough for me, so yeah, probably my speed."
Alexander has taken unofficial visits to TCU and Texas Tech this year.
Your subscription will include:
- Instant access to all of our content that is marked Insider at www.texasfootball.com.
- Includes exclusive podcasts, recruiting news, and our full High School Football rankings and score predictors
- A mailed copy of the Dave Campbell’s Texas Football Preview
- A mailed copy of the Recruiting/Rising Edition of Dave Campbell’s Texas Football
- Access to Dave Campbell’s Texas Football vast array of archived magazines