2007 Dave Campbell's Texas Football hits the shelves starting today
The magazine football fans in Texas anticipate most is on newsstands starting today.
Host Communications and Texas sports icon Dave Campbell are proud to focus the cover of this year's edition on small town Texas Football heroes. Texas A&MÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Stephen McGee, TexasÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ Colt McCoy, and TCUÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Tommy Blake earned a spot as Texas Football Coverboys. All three played at 3A schools and below.
Ã¢â‚¬Å“We think this cover and the accompanying story illustrate what we all know but what we seldom talk about, that small-town Texas high school football players are making an impact at the higher levels, and have been doing so since football started being played in Texas,Ã¢â‚¬Â managing editor Jake Shaw said.
This yearÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s magazine will again cover college and high school football in Texas as no other publication can. Among the standard features in the 2007 edition are:
- The Reebok Super Team, showcasing the top high school talent in Texas;
- The State Farm High School Top 25 rankings;
- GearBoss High School Coaches of the Year;
- The college All-Texas Team;
- Reviews of each Division I college programÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s signing class and look-backs at their classes from five years ago.
New features for 2007 include:
- The return of the DCTF WritersÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ Poll, where the stateÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s print media weighs in on the upcoming season;
- An inside look at the role of high school coaches in college recruiting;
- Examining what Wade Phillips must do to be successful in his first year with the Dallas Cowboys.
About Host CommunicationsLexington, Ky.-based HOST, which owns Dave CampbellÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Texas Football magazine and the Texas Football Classic, is the centerpiece subsidiary of Triple Crown Media Corporation. With more than 20 U.S. offices, HOST provides comprehensive sales, marketing, multimedia, special event and convention/hospitality services to domestic and international grassroots sports and lifestyle events and national/global associations.
If you would like to report inappropriate behavior within the Facebook commenting system, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will review your request.